With less than 24 hours before the iPhone iOS 5 download time we thought it would be a good idea to refresh our readers minds, especially when it comes to remembering what you must do before installing the new iPhone 5.0 software update.
This is only a quick post with a short list of tips, but they’re also very important if you want your iOS 5 update to go smoothly. So make sure you do the following before updating any iOS device:
- Go to the Apple website and check the compatibility of your iPhone, some older models will not work with iOS 5 (3G iPhone and before, plus iPod touch 2nd-gen and before).
- Make sure you update iTunes to the latest version, which should see iTunes 10.5 go live for download before Tuesday.
- Jailbreakers may want to revert back their software before updating, although this is entirely up to you.
- Update all your apps, and with iOS 5 having some major improvements and changes, it is a good idea to make sure you have the latest version of any applications installed.
- Backup your iOS device, which has to be one of the most important steps. This is automatically done in most cases, but just in case make sure you’ve backed up and transferred any purchases.
We’ll update you when the iOS 5 download is live, but in the meantime let us know your guess at what time you think that will be tommrow.